Chicago under Glass: Early Photographs from the Chicago Daily News Review

Chicago under Glass: Early Photographs from the Chicago Daily News
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy Chicago under Glass: Early Photographs from the Chicago Daily News? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on Chicago under Glass: Early Photographs from the Chicago Daily News. Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

Chicago under Glass: Early Photographs from the Chicago Daily News ReviewI predict that other readers will get as much pleasure as I did when I first viewed these wonderful photographs in this intriguing book. It seems as if the real, day-to-day history of Chicago at this time unfolds to the viewer in a most emotional way that leaves one with a sense of "being there."
Spending time with these eloquent photos also stirred my memory of reading the late, great, and lamented Chicago Daily News, the city's greatest newspaper in my estimation. I would get home from school and dig into the afternoon CDN with its history of great writers--Carl Sandburg, Mike Royko, Sidney J. Harris, Dave Nightingale, John Fischetti, Richard Christiansen, Henry Kogan and others. I fondly remember those afternoons reading the CDN as some of the finest moments of my youth. When I moved on to the university in Cleveland, I even took out a mail subscription to my beloved CDN. Alas, the CDN published its last issue in 1978 with the sad headline of "So long, Chicago!"
As a warm-up to viewing the book's photos, I suggest looking very carefully at the cover photograph. Try to determine what is actually happening in this scene. You'll find the answer in the text of the book.Chicago under Glass: Early Photographs from the Chicago Daily News Overview

Want to learn more information about Chicago under Glass: Early Photographs from the Chicago Daily News?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment