Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Are you looking to buy The Muse in Bronzeville: African American Creative Expression in Chicago, 1932-1950? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on The Muse in Bronzeville: African American Creative Expression in Chicago, 1932-1950. Check out the link below:
>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers
The Muse in Bronzeville: African American Creative Expression in Chicago, 1932-1950 ReviewI'm only 55 pages into this book, but I've already gotten my money's worth.As a born and bred Chicago artist/writer/recovering adman,I think I'm a pretty tough critic. But the depth of scholarship and information here fills in many gaps. The stuff I'm reading about the role that Julius Rosenwald, Book T. Washington, Robert Park and their "minion" played in both the Harlem and Chicago Renaissance is a revelation.
My own book, "African Americans in Chicago" is being released today. It is one of Arcadia Publishing's Images of America series. Arcadia is the biggest publisher of local pictorial history books in America.
Although my book is aimed at a mass audience, I appreciate the work of real historians like the late professor Bone and his still very alive student and collegue, Courage - and such Chicago-based scholars as Christopher R. Reed, Robert Starks and others. I plan to use their work as the foundation for mine - and hopefully bring them to a wider audience. I see it as a win, win, win situation. I win, the professors win, and the wider public wins.
And that's the only reason why I stopped at 4 stars. I think book would have been helped a few more images.
BTW: But, then again, maybe I'm biased.The Muse in Bronzeville: African American Creative Expression in Chicago, 1932-1950 Overview
Want to learn more information about The Muse in Bronzeville: African American Creative Expression in Chicago, 1932-1950?
>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now
0 comments:
Post a Comment