The Chicago Guide to Communicating Science (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing) Review

The Chicago Guide to Communicating Science (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)
Average Reviews:

(More customer reviews)
Are you looking to buy The Chicago Guide to Communicating Science (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)? Here is the right place to find the great deals. we can offer discounts of up to 90% on The Chicago Guide to Communicating Science (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing). Check out the link below:

>> Click Here to See Compare Prices and Get the Best Offers

The Chicago Guide to Communicating Science (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing) ReviewAfter reading a review in New Scientist magazine I got excited about this book as I am currently writing Ph.D. thesis. I did not get exactly what I expected.
The book gives a good overview of the different types of writing a scientist is expected to do and gives high level advice on each area. But that's pretty much all the books seems to do. It's as if you were to sit down with someone with a lot of writing experience and they gave you some high level advice.
What the book lacks is specific advice and tips on what works. At many points it feels too vague. While it has examples where the author improves a piece of writing, the examples often fail to give you ideas on how to improve your own writing.
That said, I did get a couple of ideas from the book for my writing, but I felt it took some work to extract them from the book which at times just felt like a rambling commentary.
My recommendation is that it's not a book worth having in a personal bookcase, but it may be worth borrowing it from a library.The Chicago Guide to Communicating Science (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing) Overview

Want to learn more information about The Chicago Guide to Communicating Science (Chicago Guides to Writing, Editing, and Publishing)?

>> Click Here to See All Customer Reviews & Ratings Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment